Hipo is a product development agency. We build and launch platforms for early stage and scaling startups from around the world. Our specialty is solving complex problems using an iterative approach. We have a very strong team culture, high retention rates and well-established processes for how we get things done. We bring this knowledge and expertise to every project.
We have been a remote first company since 2016, operating across 8 time zones as of today with 40 teammates. However the majority of our clients are in North America and the majority of our team is in Europe, so remote communication has been in our DNA since 2009. We are truly remote-first, meaning: You work from wherever you like, whenever you like.
You are the right candidate if:
- You have experience working with Python, especially with a web framework like Django or Flask
- You have a solid understanding of HTTP and ReST architecture.
- You understand the fundementals of Database design principals.
- You have experience in Docker, Fargate, or similar configuration based deployment techniques.
- You have a good command of English and will be able to communicate with english-speaking team members and clients.
- You are eager to learning, improving, problem solving and knowledge sharing
Any previous code samples you can showcase, specifically your GitHub profile or similar open source contribution examples will help a lot during the interview process.
What we offer:
Beyond the ability to work on live products renowned for their attention to detail and used by millions of people every day, Hipo provides a relaxed work atmosphere, and ability to work from anywhere in the world. You only work during your business hours and we have a “delete Slack” policy when on vacation.
In addition, we offer:
- An innovative equity ownership program that allows our team members to earn stock equity in our partnership projects. This allows our whole team to benefit from our startup partnerships and future exits.
- Yearly in-person get togethers (we call them Hipocations) during which the whole team meets in person at a vacation resort for a week.
- A generous conference budget that allows travelling to and attending international conferences, which can also be applied against online courses. We also allocate time within the work week for personal and career development projects.
- Compensation above industry standards, private health insurance.